What is Spine Surgery?
Spine surgery or back surgery is a medical process that aims at changing the anatomy of a patient, such as a herniated disc that causes the pain being removed, with the purpose of providing pain relief. Spine surgeries are of different types, with some procedures that are minimally invasive and allowing for quick recovery. There are more extensive spine surgery that requires a longer recovery period.
Symptoms of back pain:
- Muscle ache
- Severe pain
- Pain radiating down your leg
- Pain that increases with bending, lifting, standing or walking
- Pain that increases with reclining
- Muscle or ligament strain.
- Bulging or ruptured disks.
- Skeletal irregularities.
Some of the major procedures of a spine surgery includes:
- Discectomy or Microdiscectomy: It is the removal of a herniated intervertebral disc and thereby removing pressure from the compressed nerve.
- Laminectomy:This procedure involves the removal of the thin bony plate on the back of the vertebra so as to enhance the space within the spinal canal and relieve pressure.
- Laminotomy:In this procedure removing a portion of the vertebral arch that covers the spinal cord and the amount of bone removed is less when compared with laminectomy. Both laminectomy and laminotomy comes under the decompression procedures.
- Foraminotomy:The process of removing of bone or tissue in the passageway where nerve roots branch off the spinal cord and exit the spinal column is called Foraminotomy.
- Disc replacement:: Disc replacement is major alternative to fusion, in which the injured disc is replaced with an artificial one.
- Spinal fusion:Spinal fusion a surgical process that is used to join two vertebrae. Spinal fusion includes the use of bone graft with or without instrumentation. There are two types of bone graft, autograft and allograft
You can now go for spine surgery with the best neurosurgeon in Hyderabad . Spine surgery for back pain in Hyderabad can be accessed for everyone having spine injuries. For better recovery and output, one can also undergo spine surgery including autofacial disc treatment in Hyderabad using the world class facilities and equipment.